Sunday 12 February 2012

Project Pan! My rules, and here we go!

Right, so I saw project 10 pan mentioned on another blog, and I think it's a great idea because, small as my makeup stash is, I'm already accumulating stuff I don't really use.
Here are my rules:
  1. Until I have used up 10 products I am not allowed to buy any more makeup/skin care products
  2. Or, if I get to the end of April and haven't used up ten things, then I shall let myself buy things again.
  3. Exceptions: if I use up something that I use very often and I don't have an equivalent of (eg my only brown mascara) then I am allowed to buy a replacement. This should really only happen with eyeliners, mascaras, and foundation - I think I have similar things for most other things.
  4. Definition of using up is as follows. For anything that comes in a pan, more than 1/2 the diameter of the pan is pan showing as opposed to makeup. For anything in a tube or pen (eg mascara, lipgloss) when the applicator is swiped across my hand little enough product should come out to be useful. For twist-up products, I'm calling them used up when, when they're twisted up to their full extent, there is a flat line across the top of the casing and the product. For palettes I have to use up 50% of the products or hit pan on all of them - except for the elf custom palette where each thing is basically full size. For pencils, when there is less than 4cm pencil length (not counting the sharpened bit) - so its basically unholdable.
  5. The refills of my perfume do count.
  6. Anything that is already on its way to being used up counts, after all this is all about using things up.
  7. When I use something up I must review it.
  8. I'm also doing the same with books, minus the reviewing - unless you want me to :p
  9. As a reward when I finish I'm going to buy myself the mini collection of OPI's Holland range
Any comments welcome, as usual!

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for having a go at project pan!
    I love your reward for the end, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might also add a Clinique chubby stick to the rewards... Dying to try one.

    ReplyDelete