And this mascara lived up to them.
It comes in Black-Blue, Black-Copper, and Black-Green, and the idea is that you buy the tint that matches your eye colour, to help bring out the colour.
On the eye
|Photo 1: Just some black eyeliner (Collection's Extreme 24H Felt Tip Eye Liner)|
|Photo 2: with two quick coats on the top lashes - you can see that the lashes already have more length and slightly more body than before.|
As you can see in the photo above, it comes in a bodacious black tube and has a curved brush. The bottle/tube feels fairly sturdy, but what with the fairly gloopy formula it could be quite difficult to get all of the formula out.
|Close-up of the brush|
The brush is the first curved one I've tried, and it's really good for lifting the lashes. Not hugely high-tech, but sometimes low-tech is the best solution. The only downside of the brush is that it makes doing the lower lashes quite difficult.
I really like the film strip design on the bottle, even if the pedantic side of me says that a film strip wouldn't go on a cone...
Does it live up to its promises?
These fabulous mascaras have a clever curved wand that will give your lashes a long-lasting lift and voluptuous volume from day to night. They are smudge-proof and promise to leave you saying good-bye to panda eyes.
By accentuating your natural eye colour, you’ll never feel the need to hide from the camera again.
"Thanks to the angled brush of this mascara it creates the most dramatic effect by lifting and curling the lashes. The best thing about this mascara is the intense pigment in the formula that accentuates the colour of your iris, brightening your eyes making them bigger and your lashes full of life”.
I would say that this mascara does live up to most of its promises.
- long-lasting lift - yes, this mascara lasts AGES.
- voluptuous volume - um, maybe. Each individual lash maybe.
- smudge-proof - yes! I wore this mascara for a party on Saturday night and when I got home there was no smudging at all. Nada.
- accentuating natural eye colour - maybe. I like to think so. It's certainly less harsh a black than the usual black mascaras and less 'meh' than the brown ones. So I like the colour.
- lifting and curling the lashes - yeah, pretty much, thanks to the ginormous curved brush.
Who would like this product?
Anyone with eyelashes, I think! Although it's not a waterproof mascara, it lasts really well. Also anyone looking for something between a brown and a black mascara. It's a really good all-round mascara.
Would I repurchase this?
Definitely! It is fairly gloopy which means it might dry up quicker than some other mascaras, but I really like it.
- Collection Extreme 24H Felt Tip Eye Liner - Black
- 17 Photo Flawless Lashes - Black/Copper or Black-Gold (the same thing, the website calls it Black-Gold but on the tube it says Black/Copper)
- 17 Pure Finish Sheer Mineral Blusher - Plum
- Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint - Carry on Cherry