Friday 30 December 2011

Something I have used up: Boots 17 Photo Flawless Eye Pencil

The main reason why I have used this pencil up already is that I love it, and I use it in conjunction with Boots 17 eyeshadow in shade Walnut Pearl for an easy everyday eye.
The other reason is that it's incredibly soft.
It comes in three slightly shimmery shades: blue, brown, and green. The idea is that you buy the same as your eye, and it draws the colour out. So, I have the brown one, but I might buy a green one to wear by itself or with green eyeshadow when I use up my green Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil, which I have in black, grey, green and blue, and which I'll be reviewing at some point.
That musing aside, this pencil really is good. The only caveat is that you have to not push too hard or it crumbles: my mum was doing my makeup the other day for some mother daughter bonding, and because she's used to slightly harder thicker pencils she pushed a little too hard. With a gentle hand, though, this is one of the best eye pencils I've ever used, and at £2.89 a pop, it doesn't matter that I go through the pencil fairly quickly. Once this pencil is one the eye, it stays on the eye, which is good - this pencil has great staying power.
I'm now on my second of these pencils, and after trying mine the other night, my mum's buying herself one too.
One thing I like about it is that it isn't too dark, so it helps to open the eye u, rather than making it look smaller, as lots of very dark liners can.
I would especially recommend this to anyone else with brown eyes/ brown hair/ fair-olivey skin, as I find it enriches my colouring. It's also one of the rare products that seems to look good whatever stage of tan I have.
Now, words over, let's have the pictures!
The first one is my eye without any makeup, then I've done one eye just with the pencil, and then done a 'full' eye make up with the pencil and the eyeshadow I mentioned above, along with Boots Natural Collection Mascara in Brown/Black
http://www.boots.com/en/17-Photo-Flawless-Eye-Pencil_1150614/

No comments:

Post a Comment